There is so much to explore and experience in the Niagara Region. Let Explorer House host your southern Ontario travels!
EXPLORER HOUSE WINS 2018 TRIPADVISOR TRAVELERS’ CHOICE AWARD
Explorer House has been awarded TripAdvisor 2018 Top 25 B&Bs and Inns in Canada. This “Travelers’ Choice” award is the highest honor TripAdvisor can award. The hallmarks of the Travelers’ Choice Awards are remarkable service, value, and quality. Thank you to all of our guests who have taken the time to write wonderful reviews, we couldn’t have done it with out you!
Keep checking in here to see the latest in happenings in Niagara-on-the-Lake…There is always lots to do in Niagara-on-the-Lake.
And if you feel like just relaxing you can enjoy our lovely guest sitting area with Adirondack/Muskoka chairs & firepit table, or the gazebo and/or the hot tub…all available for our guests. So don’t forget to bring along your swimsuit!. Come explore with Explorer House, book your travel now!
The 2019 season of the Shaw Festival runs from April 10 to Oct. 20, 2019. The shows this year include: The Horse and His Boy, Brigadoon, The Ladykillers, Cyrano de Bergerac, The Glass Menagerie, Man and Superman with Don Juan in Hell and many more – 11 plays in total for the regular season. Then the Christmas holiday season, Nov. 13 to Dec. 22, 2019, offers you two Christmas shows this year. The classic Charles Dickens A Christmas Carol returns again and new for 2019 is Irving Berlin’s Holiday Inn.
Weekends in May
brings Sip & Sizzle
as over 20 wineries in Niagara-on-the-Lake each offer a unique grilled food and VQA wine pairing. It’s fun, relaxing, and a great way to discover the Wines of Niagara-on-the-Lake.
Party in the Vineyard
: Food Truck Edition takes place at Peller Estates Winery on May 17-19, 2019
. Kick off your summer at the ultimate backyard bash at Peller with 3 days of delicious food, award-winning wine & fun entertainment, featuring over 20 Food Trucks + Pop-up Vendors.
The weekly Wednesday night Supper Market
returns on May 22, 2019
and will run until Sept. 2019
. It is always guaranteed to be a fun evening with numerous food vendors, music, wine & beer. Also at the same location is the Market at the Village
on Saturday mornings starting May 25, 2019
Fort George kicks off the spring & summer season with the War of 1812 Re-enactment
on May 18, 2019
and Fort George Mystery Night
on May 24, 2019,
it’s Murder most un-FORT-unate at Fort George! Major Blue is looking for some keen detectives to help uncover a murderer in a classic “who done it?” with an historical twist!
Concerts at Jackson Triggs Winery
return again this year with an exciting line-up! Even if the show is sold out there is a chance…have your name added to the wait list
…yes tickets do open up! Better yet the venue is walking distance from Explorer House.
- Sam Roberts Band June 6, 7 & 8, 2019
- Raine Maida & Chantal Kreviazuk June 21 & 22, 2019
- Alan Doyle July 3 & 4, 2019
- Serena Ryder Acoustic July 5 & 6, 2019
- The Sheepdogs July 11 & 12, 2019
- Bruce Cockburn July 13, 2019
- Broken Social Scene July 18, 2019
- The Trews July 19, 2019
- The Rural Alberta Advantage and Yukon Blonde July 20, 2019
- Randy Bachman July 25, 2019
- Matt Andersen July 26, 2019
- Sarah McLachlan July 27, 2019
- The Jim Cuddy Band August 9, 2019
- Sean Jones and The Righteous Echo August 10, 2019
- Bahamas with Orchestra August 15, 2019
- Bahamas Solo August 16, 2019
- Matt Mays & Ron Hawkins August 17, 2019
- Tom Cochrane August 22, 2019
- Dan Mangan August 23, 2019
- Donovan Woods and The Opposition August 24, 2019
- Joe Pillitteri & Friends Comedy September 5, 2019
- The Philosopher Kings September 6, 2019
The best way to kick off the summer is with a tailgate party in the vineyard and a warm Niagara welcome! June 15-23, 2019
sees the Niagara Homegrown Wine Festival
return including the TD Tailgate Party. The Homegrown Discovery Pass allows you to explore curated wine and food pairings from over 30 participating wineries. Plan your route and choose your top eight experiences to enjoy! You can save $5 on the pass with HG19 code.
Join over 30 Niagara wineries for the TD Tailgate Party June 22, 2019
– one amazing night featuring VQA wines, fresh produce and farm-to-table favourites. It is one of the most unique wine and food events with fabulous entertainment, a truly Canadian experience!
In order to help you plan your stay with us here are some other upcoming events for 2019. More details (as well as other events) will be posted as they come available.
– July 1, 2019 – Canada Day with numerous events & fireworks
– Aug. 11, 2019 – Shades of Summer Dinner
– Dec. 6-7, 2019 – Annual Rotary House Tour
– Dec. 6, 2019 – Candle Light Stroll
– Dec. 14, 2019 – Christmas Parade
The Niagara Historical Society will offer guided historical tours
of the Old Town every Saturday and Sunday from June to September, 2019
. Tours start at 11:00 am at the Queen’s Royal Park Gazebo and the cost is only $10.
Niagara-on-the-Lake Horticultural Society presents its 28th Annual Garden Tour in Historic Niagara-on-the-Lake on July 6, 2019 from 10am-5pm – open one hour longer this year!
The Canadian Forces Snowbirds
return to Niagara-on-the-Lake, September 11, 2019
. Get your tickets for a prime viewing spot of the awe-inspiring Snowbirds aerobatics!
The Fall Handmade Market
returns to NOTL on Sept. 13 & 14, 2019
. Again this year it will be held at 13th Winery where you can shop 140 vendors, sip wine and savour food, music and art. Always a fun event.
Perhaps a cooking class is more your style. Wine Country
(at Strewn Winery) offer Saturday cooking classes from 10am-3pm. They also offer a number of other food & wine classes.
Also find us and the latest happenings at Explorer House, along with tips on what to do while visiting us on our Facebook page